Introducing Park & Battery
What’s in a name?
We have spent over two decades in branding, advertising and marketing, first meeting in offices on Park Avenue South in NYC – and then opening an office together at a second agency on San Francisco’s Battery Street.
While our name takes its inspiration from our East Coast/West Coast blend of New York hustle and Bay Area tech culture, it also represents the role we play and the value we deliver as an agency. At Park & Battery, we harness perspectives to create clarity, empower action and deliver outcomes for brands and businesses.
An agency 15 years in the making
Park & Battery is both a new beginning and the realization of a close professional partnership and personal friendship that’s taken us across the country and around the world. Here’s a bit about our history together, by the numbers:
- 15+ years working together in New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area
- 2 agencies we’ve helped lead to multiple Agency of the Year honors, from the Association of National Advertisers, The Drum and B2B Marketing, plus a spot on the Ad Age’s Agency A-List
- Hundreds of shared recognitions including The One Show, The Webbys, Interbrand Breakthrough Brands, OMMA Awards, Content Marketing Awards, ANA B2 and Global ACE Awards, and numerous honors from The Drum
- Scores of incredible clients, including well-known brands/organizations like Facebook, ADP, Boeing, IBM, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Honeywell, HP Enterprise, Merck, and The US Department of State
- Billions of dollars in value created for hypergrowth brands that either raised new funding, underwent an initial public offering, or were acquired by bigger brands or investors
- 5 kids: three daughters for Ted, a boy and a girl for Mike (Mike’s eldest and Ted’s middle child were actually both born in the same hospital room, 6 months apart!)
- 4 dogs, including current agency canines Piper and Archie
- 3,000+ miles Mike drove Ted’s car cross-country with his first dog to get both said car and pooch moved to the West Coast
- Tens of thousands more frequent flier miles racked up flying to meet with amazing clients and colleagues around the world
- Multiple viewings of all seasons of both Mad Men and The West Wing; both fight over who gets to be the “Sam Seaborn”
- Incalculable number of Back to the Future references
Building the agency we’ve always wanted
They say it’s not where you are, it’s who you’re with that counts. We couldn’t agree more. If we’ve learned anything from our time working both on the agency and client sides, it’s that the people at our side and the culture we create make all the difference. That’s why our top priority at Park & Battery is to build the agency we’ve always wanted to work for – and work with.
Our goal is to take the best experiences we’ve had at our past companies, big and small, and apply them to create an environment where we and our teammates can do our best work – and where our clients get the best work.
If you want to read more about our company’s values (which we call Promises), check them out on our Company page. Even better, if you fancy joining us at Park & Battery, you can learn more about our benefits, our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and ask about job opportunities here.
Back to the part about “perspective”
Empathy is at the heart of brilliant marketing, seeing, feeling and understanding the world from other people’s perspectives. Customers and prospects. Employees and partners. Investors and other stakeholders. Culturally. Globally. Locally.
Our guiding principle in everything we do is to consider the perspectives of others to inform our own, from how we position brands and take them to market, to how we continually improve performance and optimize results, to how we engage in our day-to-day activities with clients and colleagues.
As we start this new adventure at Park & Battery – whether we look at it as Year 15 or Day 1 – we’re so excited for the road ahead. We hope you’ll join us for the journey.
Meet Rebecca Falk, Park & Battery’s VP of Client Services. In this Q&A Rebecca shares some of her favorite work, what she loves most about working at Park & Battery and more.
Park & Battery Teams with Harkness.ai to Enhance Agency Strategic Process and Organizational Performance
There’s no “I” in “team” – but now there’s an “AI.” We’ve just formalized a strategic partnership with Harkness.ai to support our internal communications, learning initiatives, and power our qualitative research capabilities.
As CMOs plan their FY ’23 budgets, they’re up against many unknowns. Our CMO-In-Residence shares her key takeaways from the 2022 Gartner CMO Spend Survey to help navigate these “interesting” times.